Only Hearts Organic
Debuting in 2008, the Only Hearts Organic line is currently one of the brand’s most popular. Attracting fashionistas and the environmentally conscious alike, Only Hearts Organic merges Helena and Kaya’s commitment to sustainability with the flirty sophistication of the label’s aesthetic.
So, what does it mean to call something “organic?” For Only Hearts, it means creating a line that is produced in accordance with the standards put forth by the GOTS (Global Organic Textile Stardard), IMO (Institute for Marketecology), and the ETAD (Ecological and Toxical Association of Dyes and Organic Pigments Manufacturers). These standards for organic textiles cover the production, processing, manufacturing, packaging, labeling, inspection, exportation, importation and distribution of all natural fibers. Specifically:
- Fabrication is made up of 100% organic Pima cotton from Peru
- Pre-treatment & wet processing methods are conducted solely using oxygen
- All pre-bleaches are made with hydrogen that is approved by the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS), as well as, the use of Alcali
- Sodium hypochlorite is not used in the bleaching process
- All pre-bleach auxiliaries and dye processes made in the factories are with certified CHT products,
- Optic bleaches of TexChemKorea are certified by industry standards
- The dyes are also certified by the Ecological and Toxical Association of Dyes and Organic Pigments Manufacturers (ETAD), which by principle do not produce dying in bad conditions affecting the environment.
- Dyes contain ISO 14000 which is also certified by Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS)